Group Accounting Manager till Hästnet
Want to be a part of an entrepreneurial and growing organization where you will be challenged on a daily basis? As our Accounting Manager, you will be fully responsible for all our accounting across our current and future businesses, and report directly to the company’s CEO.
Since you will be the main point-person for all financial and accounting matters, the role offers a great opportunity for those who would want the opportunity to grow into a CFO.
<b> But first, a bit about who we are </b>
Pet Media Group operates online marketplaces for animal lovers across Europe, with offices in Stockholm and London. Today Hästnet is the largest marketplace for horses and related equipment in the Nordic region, while Pets4Homes is Europe’s largest marketplace for all types of pets. Both sites were founded over 15 years ago, and together we have almost 6 million users a month.
Our strategy is simple - we acquire leading marketplaces in Europe that we improve through technology, marketing, sales and focus on user experience (link to article in Breakit).
If you get excited about becoming a part of an ambitious team with strong growth plans - please continue reading!
<b> The challenge: </b>
- Be overall responsible for all accounting and reporting of our legal entities, including payroll
- Overall responsible for month- and year-end closing processes and quality as well as securing correct and timely VAT and tax reporting
- Assist the CEO with monthly reporting to our board of directors, financial analysis, budget and forecast
- Take a lead on projects aimed to automate and make all our processes within accounting and finance more efficient
- Support the organisation regarding payroll
- Be responsible for all external accountants and auditors
- System owner for finance systems
<b> Your Background </b>
- You have at least 3 years’ of accounting experience
- You are used to working within an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- It is a merit if you have prior experience from working with online-based companies or start-ups
- You are fluent in Swedish and have professional English skills
- You are an expert user of excel
<b> Personal Qualities </b>
In order to fit in this entrepreneurial environment, we believe that you have a prestigeless mindset where you can act independently and are driven and eager to learn. Furthermore, you are communicative, determined and open to progress. You are highly structured and organized in your thinking and way of working.
<b> What we can offer you </b>
We are a profitable and rapidly growing start-up backed by some of Europe’s most prominent investors (Verdane, Otiva, Back in Black Capital, 183 Invest among others) with sky high ambitions and growth plans.
As an organization we constantly challenge each other to be innovative and find new ways to solve our problems. Results are what ultimately matters, but we make sure to have a good.
<b> Please send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org </b>